We are pleased to offer programming to schools across western Pennsylvania through our Tweens and Teens on the Eco Scene initiative, in which we educate and engage young people on these important topics:
- Environmental risk factors
- Improving health and wellness in a community
- Creating a sustainable environment through classroom training, student engagement, competitions and challenges
We work with teachers and students in fun and informative sessions that are held in the classroom or through afterschool programming. Healthy Schools PA delivers flexible lesson plans on the following environmental topics:
- Improving indoor air quality
- Understanding ambient air quality
- Making the connection between food and the environment
- Exploring the chemistry of cosmetics
- Selecting safer, more sustainable consumer products
Each of these have components of STEM (science, technology, engineering and math). Our curriculum has been implemented in many capacities, including family and consumer science; culinary, science and health classes; after-school program; and youth-serving agencies.
Lesson plans are free to download. If you would like to participate in these informative and engaging sessions, contact us today.